Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Mexican DVD official page launched!!
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sotiris wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I'm in no way familiar about it, but can the info mentioned in the latest posts above be entirely trusted? :confused:

Which part are you referring to?

All those links in your & NJ_'s latest posts above, but you've already confirmed the Italian thing in your last post above. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
http://twitter.com/SMObss/status/205481007246356480
http://twitter.com/SMObss/status/205481250822176768

Quote:
In Latin American DVD news: Princess Moon and Otome no Policy which have ALREADY been recorded in Spanish will NOT appear in the DVDs

Change of plans due to Naoko Takeuchi herself NOT giving Capital 8 permission to use them :(

Original Source (in Spanish): http://www.anmtvla.com/2012/05/talk-box ... -moon.html

I read a Google Translation of that page, and I got the impression that only the Spanish dubs of those songs won't appear on the new DVDs, and that they may still appear on the disc in Japanese (or a whole other Spanish dub).

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:21 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Inc rough translation :D

Quote:
Ayer durante la noche, en la página de Facebook del Talk Box de Sailor Moon se reveló que el tema Princess Moon para el futuro Talk Box Mercury no será doblado al Español (ni ninguno de los temas venideros) por órdenes expresas de la creadora de la franquicia.

Yesterday night, on the Talk Box Moon Facebook page, it was revealed that the song "Princess Moon" for the upcoming Talk Box Mercury will not be dubbed in Spanish (nor any of the upcoming songs) by explicit orders of the creator of the franchise.

Quote:
La empresa, según fue informado por Fernando Sanz en el Episodio Nº4 del podcast Plan B, en un primer momento no había decidido si la intérprete del tema debía ser Marisa De Lille o la cantante chilena Salomé Anjarí. Finalmente, se tomó la decisión de que De Lille sería la intérprete e incluso se llegaron a grabar las versiones en español de Princess Moon y Otome No Policy con su voz, por lo que se presume que ésta sería una imposición de último minuto por parte de Takeuchi.

The company, at the time of Episode 4 of Plan B's podcast, had not yet decided which singer would be singing the song (Princess Moon): Marisa de Lille or Chilean singer Salome Anjari. Finally, it was decided de Lille would be singing the songs, and even recorded the songs in Spanish. It would seem this imposition was last minute from Takeuchi's part.

Quote:
En un primer momento, la cantante Mexicana reveló a través de un comentario en su muro personal de Facebook que estas versiones se podrían adquirir en su página web personal en un futuro a definir, sin embargo, con este nuevo antecedente queda en el aire si estas canciones se harán públicas en algún momento.

The Mexican singer (de Lille) revealed through a Wall post on her Facebook page, that these recorded versions (Princess Moon and Otome no Policy) would be available on her personal web page in the future, however, with this new antecedent it's up in the air if these songs will ever be made public.

Quote:
Marisa De Lille interpretó las versiones originales en español de Moonlight Densetsu y Heart Moving para la banda sonora de Sailor Moon en el doblaje de latinoamérica. También interpretó un número indeterminado de versiones al español de temas insertos en la serie de los cuales finalmente sólo salió Resplandeciente Cristal de Plata, mientras que los otros no aparecieron y terminaron perdiéndose en los archivos del ex-estudio Intertrack. Por su parte, las canciones Princess Moon y Otome No Policy nunca fueron dobladas al español latino. El Talk Box Mercury de Sailor Moon tiene presupuestado su lanzamiento para Junio de este año.

Marisa de Lille sang the original opening and ending themes in Spanish (Moonlight Densetsu and Heart Moving) for the Sailor Moon soundtrack in Latin America. She also sang an undetermined number of insert songs from the series in Spanish, of which only "Maboroshi no Ginzuisho" was used, while the songs that did not appear were lost among the archives of the former studio Intertrack. Princess Moon and Otome no Policy were never dubbed in Latin American Spanish (before). Talk Box Mercury has an estimated release date of June of this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personal thoughts:
Wow this actually really pisses me off. It makes me wonder just what kind of crack Naoko is smoking when she makes these sorts of decisions. Why the hell cockblock a good thing like this? It's not like Moonlight Densetsu or Heart Moving weren't an accurate interpretation of the original Japanese ones. the fact they had these songs ready to go, just for Naoko to say "SRY NO" makes me really want to choke someone.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
NJ_ wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Something odd i noticed is that according to the person running it, another Italian company has the license for the TV edited episodes so if that's true then how the heck did that happen and why didn't anyone report it when it was announced? :eeklez:

It is true. It says so on the company's official website. There are 52 stand-alone DVDs that contain 199 episodes.

That's a bit crazy, this sort of reminds me of the Akira movie situation where two different companies (Geneon & Bandai Visual) have released the film in Japan with the main difference between them being the Japanese audio tracks since one of them includes a 5.1 DTS track on each of their discs.

Broadcast rights differ from DVD publishing rights. For example:

In Mexico, with the Saint Seiya Hades episodes, TV Azteca licensed and dubbed the episodes for their TV broadcast. Then Towers/Capital 8 licensed the same episodes for DVD release, and dubbed it entirely over with different actors. As a result, there are two different Latin American Spanish dubs of the Hades episodes, by two different companies.

It was kind of the same with DiC/ADV. DiC only had a broadcasting license for the first two seasons of Sailor Moon. ADV got the license to distribute the episodes on DVD.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Naoko is starting to remind me of how George Lucas handles the Star Wars franchise. :P

I see she's very picky when it comes to NEW content being produced. It doesn't have to do with budget though since they've already recorded the songs, and spent the money. I wonder how Thailand and the Philippines (and Israel for that matter) were able to get away with producing whole new dubs...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:34 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Bummer. I was really looking forward for the new ending. :(
But I guess this means the next Talk Boxes may come faster now that they don't have the issue about dubbing the songs anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Sotiris wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Something odd i noticed is that according to the person running it, another Italian company has the license for the TV edited episodes so if that's true then how the heck did that happen and why didn't anyone report it when it was announced? :eeklez:

It is true. It says so on the company's official website. There are 52 stand-alone DVDs that contain 199 episodes.

Huh? There's one episode missing. Is it episode 200?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Loghorn wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Huh? There's one episode missing. Is it episode 200?

My guess is that baby dino episode?

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Episodes 67 and 89 are the two most commonly banned episodes. IIRC, episode 67 has been on other recent DVD releases, but 89 was missing from the recent Italian release.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Episodes 67 and 89 are the two most commonly banned episodes. IIRC, episode 67 has been on other recent DVD releases, but 89 was missing from the recent Italian release.

It makes me curious now if Episode 89 will appear on the Talk Box for the R season. That episode was never dubbed into Spanish, along with Ami chan no Hatsukoi and the SuperS specials.

Would be pretty neat if they ended up dubbing it just for the Talk Box release though :D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I sadly doubt it will be on the talk boxes. The episode wasn't dubbed into Italian either, and was skipped on their recent R boxset.

It's only a clip show, but still, it's pretty memorable, and brings the episode count to an even 200. Ironically it was NOT skipped in the English dub by DiC (it was actually the very last DiC episode).

I guess that answers the question. The baby dinosaur episode (ep. 67) will appear on the set. The missing episode will be 89.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Yeah I guessed at first it was Ep. 89. The baby dino episode was dubbed and aired in Spanish, so it wouldn't be a problem to include it. Even if 89 was a recap, it was still pretty memorable :/ Ah well

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Vilhem wrote:
Yeah I guessed at first it was Ep. 89. The baby dino episode was dubbed and aired in Spanish, so it wouldn't be a problem to include it. Even if 89 was a recap, it was still pretty memorable :/ Ah well
Yeah, it's always a shame when any episode is skipped, regardless of how good or bad it is.

Sabrblade, I love you.
Neo Moonlight wrote:
Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail

Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Honestly, I don't think Naoko is DISAPPROVING of any more production... I just think it's very difficult to get her to approve of anything. There's a difference. We don't know the full situation. I just wish Toei was in charge of everything involving the anime, and Kodansha was in charge of everything involving the manga, instead of everything riding on one person's shoulders, regardless of their importance.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Episode 89 was not skipped, it's included in the Italian Box but it's not dual audio.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about the Hobby & Work release and not the Dynit release.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:27 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
The Preorder for Talk Box Mercury is closing soon. I'm ordering 3 sets, which means I'll have two up for grabs (at its regular cost + discounted shipping). If you'd rather get your order from them directly, contact them ASAP so they can give you a quote :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:37 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It was just announced that the release of Talk Box Mercury is going to be delayed for at least another month, due to unknown reasons. :neutral:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:17 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
DJ Tomoe wrote:
It was just announced that the release of Talk Box Mercury is going to be delayed for at least another month, due to unknown reasons. :neutral:

Naoko is at it again! ^_^' Could it be because they need to remove the dubbed song from the discs? Perhaps the production of the sets was already underway before Naoko vetoed the inclusion of the song and they need now to recall and replace the already manufactured discs. The Italian S box sets have also been delayed twice because of Naoko (without providing any reason why). They're currently set for a December 31 release date.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
The only song they'd have to remove is "Maboroshi no Ginzuisho", unless Naoko somehow went batshit crazy and suddenly banned the dubbed opening and ending themes lol

This is really frustrating though. The "reasons out of their control" just screams Naoko/Toei, so grr >_<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The missing episodes make me worry about the possible future US release. As pointless (and stupid, as far as ep. 67 goes) as they were, they could be given a (tame) gag dub to make up for it. Plus, any possible TV broadcast could just skip them and they'll be left on the DVDs only. 200 episodes is a perfect number, god dammit.

As for the songs, couldn't they sit down and talk to her about it? It's cool to see her buckle down on the series ever since she got screwed over a million times back in the day, but I'm sure she'd be willing to hear the company doing the songs out. She hasn't turned evil.

Yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
So Takeuchi has become a villain, a Chaos. XD

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:23 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Sailor Moon Center wrote:
So the Italian S season has been postponed to December, the second half of the Mexican season one has been postponed to approx. 30 days, and the Brazilians have been waiting 8 months for the second volume of the S season... Bad news :/

Source: http://www.facebook.com/SailorMoonCente ... 2703178706

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Anyone have any info on how the Thai releases are doing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Anyone have any info on how the Thai releases are doing?

We've a Thai forum member here - not sure if he's still visiting here, tho, as he's not been active lately. :confused:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
It was just announced that the new release date is July 14. :mrgreen: They should start sending the packages in July 16.
But I wonder, if Naoko didn't want a translation of the song, shouldn't she be mad with them translating the "In the next episode..." previews of the DVDs as well?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
DJ Tomoe wrote:
It was just announced that the new release date is July 14. :mrgreen: They should start sending the packages in July 16.
But I wonder, if Naoko didn't want a translation of the song, shouldn't she be mad with them translating the "In the next episode..." previews of the DVDs as well?

Well she wrote the lyrics to Princess Moon so it might hold special meaning to her. Then again, she barred all future songs from being dubbed over too. You can never tell with her :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:40 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I don't think it has to do with her "not wanting" them to be dubbed. I think it just has to do with the fact that it's very difficult to get her approval with stuff (it's probably a long process). I REALLY wish Naoko would just let the series go. Her having so much control hasn't done any good, and has only complicated matters. No other mangaka has this much control over their properties, not one. Sometimes I wonder if there's something else going on, since whole dubs have gone through in the last year without any noticeable problems at all (Hebrew, Filipino, Thai).

Great to finally see a release date on this set! :D Wonder when the third will come out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:16 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I don't think it has to do with her "not wanting" them to be dubbed. I think it just has to do with the fact that it's very difficult to get her approval with stuff (it's probably a long process). I REALLY wish Naoko would just let the series go. Her having so much control hasn't done any good, and has only complicated matters. No other mangaka has this much control over their properties, not one. Sometimes I wonder if there's something else going on, since whole dubs have gone through in the last year without any noticeable problems at all (Hebrew, Filipino, Thai).

Great to finally see a release date on this set! :D Wonder when the third will come out.

I say we still got it better than fans of the anime from the 70s, Candy Candy. :D The series on official DVD release or any merchandise will probably never see the light of day, which is a shame because it's also a very good series (which oddly enough, takes place in the USA and the UK). I watched this one too back when Sailor Moon was airing on Mexican TV before it was yanked from broadcasts around the world in 1998. The bitter lawsuit between the two creators of Candy Candy basically means no Candy Candy releases until they can both come to an agreement.

From reading about the copyrights and lawsuits over the Candy situation, it seems the norm in Japan is for the mangaka (or writer) to license the copyright to the anime production companies (Toei, Kodansha) for a certain number of years. When the contract expires, the copyrights revert fully to the original writer/creator.

At least with Sailor Moon, Naoko controls her story as well as her art. With Candy, Mizuki (the writer) cannot produce any merchandise based on the anime or manga, because Igarashi (manga artist) controls the illustrations and character designs. Therefore, Mizuki can create works based on her story, but not use any of Igarashi's illustrations. Igarashi however, cannot use any of the Candy story or trademark, or any of her illustrations, without Mizuki's consent. ^_^' Kind of an effed up situation :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
True, at least Sailor Moon has only one creator! :mrgreen:

I don't think Candy Candy has ever even made it's way into the US. ^_^'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:07 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
True, at least Sailor Moon has only one creator! :mrgreen:

I don't think Candy Candy has ever even made it's way into the US. ^_^'

It did in the late 70s, early 80s, but other than a few youtube clips, the dub is nowhere to be found. It was a hit in Europe and Latin America (like Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon), but the copyrights make it impossible for them to even broadcast it. I know Peru has been rebroadcasting them every 4 years or so, but its without authorization from Toei

So lets just count our blessings that Naoko hasn't totally freaked out and banned the license for the next 30 years L O L

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next