Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: New anime announced at 20th Anniversary event
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:10 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
HandsomeSoldier wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
That's what I was referring to & why I didn't use plural for "moment/scene." :)

Yeah, I thought that scene was extremely funny since she's such a serious character, and her popping out of no where throughout that episode.

A truly intelligent woman should also be able to be humorous. :cool:

Oh, Agreed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:
I am shocked that despite there being almost zero substantial news on the topic of the new anime since the announcement last June, this topic is still going strong.
A+ and well-done for the tenacity, Sailormoon fandom

You should check out the thread they have over at rangerboards for this. It's not only longer, but also considerably more substantial then any thread this board has had on the topic (it feels so good to see so many people there share my views on so many issues, voice acting in particular).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
EienFugue wrote:
Elly wrote:
I am shocked that despite there being almost zero substantial news on the topic of the new anime since the announcement last June, this topic is still going strong.

You should check out the thread they have over at rangerboards for this. It's not only longer, but also considerably more substantial then any thread this board has had on the topic (it feels so good to see so many people there share my views on so many issues, voice acting in particular).

I am so pleased as well to see all of the fanaticism for the new anime series, it warms my heart and hoping for the most success it can achieve (surpassing it's own success imaginable) as it did back in it's heyday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
EienFugue wrote:
Elly wrote:

Link or it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=122596
You make it sound like an impossible request. :P I'm B-kun there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:07 am 
Luna
Luna
The update Osabu posted was just about the new action figures:

http://sailormoon.tamashii.jp/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
These new Sailor Moon action figures look badASS! It also pretty much means the anime will come around August. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Hott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
I contacted Plus Licens, the licensing agents for Toei in the Nordic (and eastern Europe among other territories) about licensing of the old anime in Sweden, and at the same time asked them about the new one and what's happening to the show.
Anyway, she (Maria Örnryd, the Media Director) replied this which I translated real quick:

"The new series does not air this summer, it's estimated to air winter 2014 but they haven't even started working on it yet. They (TOEI) have a dialogue with the creator which causes the delay."

Oh, well, patience is a virtue, I guess. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
_Alexander_ wrote:
I contacted Plus Licens, the licensing agents for Toei in the Nordic (and eastern Europe among other territories) about licensing of the old anime in Sweden, and at the same time asked them about the new one and what's happening to the show.
Anyway, she (Maria Örnryd, the Media Director) replied this which I translated real quick:

"The new series does not air this summer, it's estimated to air winter 2014 but they haven't even started working on it yet. They (TOEI) have a dialogue with the creator which causes the delay."

So she can know such details? She must've pretty good connections w/ the production insiders in Japan, I'd say. lol

Image Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 am 
inactive
Yeah, apparently, lol, I have had contact with her for like 2 years now, and has always been well-informed, she should be irritated with me, bugging her with questions all the time. P-:

She said Netflix wanted to buy the old anime but Toei says no, it's a shame. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:

So she can know such details? She must've pretty good connections w/ the production insiders in Japan, I'd say. lol

I dunno. She could be telling the truth, or going off word of mouth. I'd rather wait and here from the people closer to the source.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am 
inactive
I agree, thought I might as well post it, since it's something at least, especially since this and Osa-P's tweet kinda saying the same thing. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 am 
Planeta
Planeta
_Alexander_ wrote:

Winter 2014?

If this is true then oh boy, I expect to see rumors of it airing after Dokidoki Precure ends. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Winter 2014?! I really hope this crap isn't true! I've been looking forward to Summer only just to watch the new anime. What the hell! :supercry:

Either way, let's wait & hear from the actual "official" people and see what they have to say. Still hoping for a June release though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
_Alexander_ wrote:
winter 2014

_Alexander_ wrote:
I contacted Plus Licens, the licensing agents for Toei in the Nordic (and eastern Europe among other territories) about licensing of the old anime in Sweden

And their response was 'no' I assume..?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Someone should tweet Osa-P and ask if production of the new anime has begun yet. :P

The action figure coming out in August does hint of the anime coming out around that time. It wouldn't make sense to release tie-in toys so early. The sales wouldn't be as good, so no second season. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I hope this isn't true... Please tell me it isn't true :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 pm 
inactive
UsaCow wrote:
And their response was 'no' I assume..?

Yeah, she just said "No releases of the old Sailormoon, unfortunately. Netflix wants to buy the series but TOEI says no." :(

I just hope winter 2014 means really early January then. P-:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Maybe she meant a Nordic/Scandinavian release of the new anime won't be happening until winter 2014? Either way, I really doubt they'd have announced the new series last year unless everything was already set up to begin production. It would be really embarrassing for them to make a big deal out of announcing "new Sailor Moon anime coming summer 2013" only to delay it for another year. That's a little incredulous IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
"The new series does not air this summer,
Quote:
it's estimated to air winter 2014
but they haven't even started working on it yet. They (TOEI) have a dialogue with the creator which causes the delay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Biccy wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:

I dunno. She could be telling the truth, or going off word of mouth. I'd rather wait and here from the people closer to the source.

We're all gonna have to do that anyway. XD Also note that my comment in the above quote is actually a conditional one, like "if she can really know about that, she must've pretty good access to the insiders." :wink:

_Alexander_ wrote:
I just hope winter 2014 means really early January then. P-:

If there were really a delay to the next year, I'd say that'd be more likely, as a delay of more than a year from summer this year is quite unthinkable - I've actually expected it to air w/i this year, w/ or w/o delay. :)

Image Image

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm 
inactive
StarHealerTornado wrote:
Maybe she meant a Nordic/Scandinavian release of the new anime won't be happening until winter 2014? Either way, I really doubt they'd have announced the new series last year unless everything was already set up to begin production. It would be really embarrassing for them to make a big deal out of announcing "new Sailor Moon anime coming summer 2013" only to delay it for another year. That's a little incredulous IMO.

Nah, I don't think she did, she sounded pretty specific saying they haven't started working on it yet. I don't think Plus Licens has a Nordic release in mind at this point. But who knows, I hope everything will turn out fine, and rather sooner than later. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
StarHealerTornado wrote:

I have to AGREE... This is BS information as far as I'm concerned at the moment. I'd rather wait until we get some word from the the production company and the release date. I really hope there still won't be any delay, why mention it so soon. They've had an ENTIRE year to start production and etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm 
Luna
Luna
Seriously. If they haven't done ANYTHING, then why even mention it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
We simply dunno either way - all we've heard are the comments from those having some connections w/ the production company, such as Osabu, etc., but not the company itself, so we dunno for sure what exactly has happened or is happening. What's certain is that we'll know soon whether there's really a delay due to whatever reasons. :)

Image Image

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Sailor Biccy wrote:

in the age of the internet, things are announced much earlier. back in the day you wouldn't know anything until a trailer was out. Since the information can be sent out, essentially for free, they do it because it gives early interest. right now fans all over the world are freaking out about the project, and talking it up. hence more people find out about it. if they just waited, their ratings and sales wouldn't be nearly as good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Crap..! ;( I was so concerned after my Japanese friend told me that Toei Animation hasn't done anything yet. Now I'm really worried. I guess we will have to be patient and wait for more official news.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 pm 
Luna
Luna
solarsailors wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:

in the age of the internet, things are announced much earlier. back in the day you wouldn't know anything until a trailer was out. Since the information can be sent out, essentially for free, they do it because it gives early interest. right now fans all over the world are freaking out about the project, and talking it up. hence more people find out about it. if they just waited, their ratings and sales wouldn't be nearly as good.

I'm not sure you quite got my point... I mean if there's no project, why even mention it?
Cain2012 wrote:
Crap..! ;( I was so concerned after my Japanese friend told me that Toei Animation hasn't done anything yet. Now I'm really worried. I guess we will have to be patient and wait for more official news.

Who exactly is this friend? Someone who works them or just a Japanese high school student or something?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Biccy wrote:
solarsailors wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:

I'm not sure you quite got my point... I mean if there's no project, why even mention it?

Projects can be stalled for various reasons. :wink: (Not that I'm saying this one is the case - as I've said above, we just dunno, tho we'll know soon.)

Image Image

My J-pop thread

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 241  Next