Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: New anime announced at 20th Anniversary event
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
Sailor Biccy wrote:
solarsailors wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:
Seriously. If they haven't done ANYTHING, then why even mention it?

in the age of the internet, things are announced much earlier. back in the day you wouldn't know anything until a trailer was out. Since the information can be sent out, essentially for free, they do it because it gives early interest. right now fans all over the world are freaking out about the project, and talking it up. hence more people find out about it. if they just waited, their ratings and sales wouldn't be nearly as good.

I'm not sure you quite got my point... I mean if there's no project, why even mention it?

I'm not sure you quite got my point... if theres no project, its still free advertising. Jurassic park 4 had nothing done for years, and arguable still does not. They know they are making a new season, delays are normal, why wait to announce it? especially when they actually had an audience for the 20th anniversary event?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
But then they'd just say, "Hey, we're making a new anime. More information coming soon!" and not, "Hey, we're making a new anime and it will be out next summer."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
I hope SOMEONE official speaks out, one of the VA's or something, they should be in the loop. Of course, Toei or Naoko would be preferable, but they haven't been the most talkative in the past, I mean, not mentioning the cause of the license-hiatus/issues once and that went on for years and years. Not the same thing, but still, they seem very quiet about everything.
Oh well, as long as it's still coming, I can wait. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Everyone just needs to RELAX ALREADY! We don't know s***, so we'd have to wait. I'm still hoping for a June release either way. I'm really wanting some official news now. This speculation is just upsetting me now. :x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
solarsailors wrote:
I'm not sure you quite got my point... if theres no project, its still free advertising. Jurassic park 4 had nothing done for years, and arguable still does not. They know they are making a new season, delays are normal, why wait to announce it? especially when they actually had an audience for the 20th anniversary event?

That's actually really smart from a business standpoint. But eventually - say we go 9 more months with no updates - someone official would have to speak out to keep the interest up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
_Alexander_ wrote:
She said Netflix wanted to buy the old anime but Toei says no, it's a shame. :(

Wait, "buy" as in get all the NA distribution rights or just get the rights to stream/rent out the old DVDs?

Perhaps this has to do with when Netflix had the old Pioneer DVDs available for a brief time about a year ago. Maybe they saw how high demand was but didn't have enough DVDs so they tried to get more?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Animan wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:

Wait, "buy" as in get all the NA distribution rights or just get the rights to stream/rent out the old DVDs?

Perhaps this has to do with when Netflix had the old Pioneer DVDs available for a brief time about a year ago. Maybe they saw how high demand was but didn't have enough DVDs so they tried to get more?

I doubt a European company would care about what happens in North America plus they have Netflix too and if I'm not mistaken, they don't offer the same stuff that we have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
Animan wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:

I doubt a European company would care about what happens in North America plus they have Netflix too and if I'm not mistaken, they don't offer the same stuff that we have.

Bleh, must've somehow misread the original post or something. My bad. :/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 pm 
inactive
Echelon9 wrote:
solarsailors wrote:

That's actually really smart from a business standpoint. But eventually - say we go 9 more months with no updates - someone official would have to speak out to keep the interest up.

To avoid looking foolish, companies try not to give updates until they have something solid. For example, officially announcing a delay ( assuming there is one ) when they do not know how long the delay will be would be a not so great idea. Until now its still summer of 2013, but once they work out whatever problems they are ( supposedly ) having they will let us know the new date.

StarHealerTornado wrote:
But then they'd just say, "Hey, we're making a new anime. More information coming soon!" and not, "Hey, we're making a new anime and it will be out next summer."

That doesn't make any sense at all. Announcing when the project will (theoretically) be released is important as it builds anticipation up to that release. If its part of the initial announcement it sticks to your mind. if they just say "they are making a new sailor moon show" and theres no date attached, no one knows when to expect it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 am 
Luna
Luna
There are tons of projects that get announced as being in development without a tentative release date attached. It still creates buzz/anticipation without making promises that might get broken.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
So far it's still Summer 2013. Why announce something at an incorrect time? I'm sure things are very fierce right now at Toei Animation studio lolz.

Last edited by HeartWarrior on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:05 am 
inactive
StarHealerTornado wrote:
There are tons of projects that get announced as being in development without a tentative release date attached. It still creates buzz/anticipation without making promises that might get broken.

promises? hardly a promise, just their own plan. Tentative dates when you have a tentative date is a good idea, and sometimes things get delayed. its not a 'broken promise' they did not mean to personally offend you.

being that all this is hypothetical without an official delay announced, dont be so butthurt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well I certainly hope we don't have to stop referring to it as the Sailor Moon 2013 anime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 am 
Luna
Luna
solarsailors wrote:
StarHealerTornado wrote:

promises? hardly a promise, just their own plan. Tentative dates when you have a tentative date is a good idea, and sometimes things get delayed. its not a 'broken promise' they did not mean to personally offend you.

being that all this is hypothetical without an official delay announced, dont be so butthurt.

...uhhh I'm not butthurt about anything, but thanks for your concern lol. All I was saying was I don't think a studio is going to say something will be released at X date unless they are reasonably certain they can get it ready for release by then. And they're not going to think that if they haven't already begun some production work. Therefore I think these rumors that they're arguing about the direction of the show or whatever/that production hasn't begun yet and there are all these alleged delays are ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
StarHealerTornado wrote:
solarsailors wrote:
StarHealerTornado wrote:

...uhhh I'm not butthurt about anything, but thanks for your concern lol. All I was saying was I don't think a studio is going to say something will be released at X date unless they are reasonably certain they can get it ready for release by then. And they're not going to think that if they haven't already begun some production work. Therefore I think these rumors that they're arguing about the direction of the show or whatever/that production hasn't begun yet and there are all these alleged delays are ridiculous.

*clicks Like*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The ANN Article mentions that Bandai has confirmed that the new figure will be out in the states. GREAT news!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
The ANN Article mentions that Bandai has confirmed that the new figure will be out in the states. GREAT news!

Honestly when the company porting it posts on their FB they're bring it over, that's confirmation enough for me. XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
HandsomeSoldier wrote:
I'm sure things are very fierce right now at Toei Animation studio lolz.

I'd really guess so. XD

And like what I've said here, any delay is no big deal at all, as long as they could manage to keep it airing w/i this year. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
StarHealerTornado wrote:

100% AGREE! That's what I've been trying to convey this whole time!

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
HandsomeSoldier wrote:

I'd really guess so. XD

And like what I've said here, any delay is no big deal at all, as long as they could manage to keep it airing w/i this year. :)

However, it seems doubtful at this point because all of this we're hearing right now are simply rumors. No delays have been confirmed by any officials at all at the moment anyways. Again, still hoping for an early June release date. :keke:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
HandsomeSoldier wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
HandsomeSoldier wrote:

I'd really guess so. XD

However, it seems doubtful at this point because all of this we're hearing right now are simply rumors. No delays have been confirmed by any officials at all at the moment anyways. Again, still hoping for an early June release date. :keke:

Of course nothing can be sure ATM - I was just saying that "any delay," i.e. if there'd really be one, is no big deal so long as it could still be aired w/i this year. :wink:

As I've said in the past, I've always thought it should've been aired last year, i.e. the show's anniversary year, already, so any more minor delays aren't really a problem. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So I dunno if it's the same merch as you guys posted as I can't see it - but I came across this today http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ailor-moon If it's the same one.....ops >.< But I can't help notice the August date on it - any chance it's of any significance?
I also thought this was interesting http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... vivi-cover

Saving the world as 9 sisters; we are Sailor Soshi!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MistressUsagi wrote:
So I dunno if it's the same merch as you guys posted as I can't see it - but I came across this today http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ailor-moon If it's the same one.....ops >.< But I can't help notice the August date on it - any chance it's of any significance?

Yup, it's the same one. :) As for that "significance," we really dunno yet. lol

Quote:
I also thought this was interesting http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... vivi-cover

Have read about it at the Three-Lights.net site (or its twitter - can't remember) earlier, & that's a really nice thing. Also, we all know Takeuchi loves fashions. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 pm 
Luna
Luna
August still counts as summer (hell ,it's when Summer vacation is in Japan) so it's a viable airtime for Summer 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Biccy wrote:
August still counts as summer (hell ,it's when Summer vacation is in Japan) so it's a viable airtime for Summer 2013.

Actually I'd even count Sep. as summer in the country, too, as it's still quite hot there, especially in the earlier part of the month. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:

Actually I'd even count Sep. as summer in the country, too, as it's still quite hot there, especially in the earlier part of the month. :)

One of my contacts who's working with publishers confirmed to me that the anime is not planned for this year, they have nothing on their schedule until December, although France is negotiating for it.

I'm an admin of the facebook page Sailor Moon Galaxy (French Group that talks about Sailor Moon license in France)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm 
Luna
Luna
See, there's the thing. Only European sources are saying the anime isn't going to be out in the summer. Where is the word from Toei? Osa-P? Anyone? They're the ones who actually matter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 pm 
inactive
Sailor Biccy wrote:
See, there's the thing. Only European sources are saying the anime isn't going to be out in the summer. Where is the word from Toei? Osa-P? Anyone? They're the ones who actually matter.

Even in Japan, it speaks in the corridors. (a friend who was covering the event Japan Expo Sud spoke with Japanese guests, themselves say that the new project will be delayed).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
As I've said in the past, I've always thought it should've been aired last year, i.e. the show's anniversary year, already, so any more minor delays aren't really a problem. :)

I had thought the same thing also, it would've made a lot more sense do it then and hey... We would have been one season in so far! :keke:

sailormoongalaxy wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:

Even in Japan, it speaks in the corridors. (a friend who was covering the event Japan Expo Sud spoke with Japanese guests, themselves say that the new project will be delayed).

^ I call bulls***, Sorry! So tired of this, especially if people are just making up lies for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 pm 
inactive
HandsomeSoldier wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I had thought the same thing also, it would've made a lot more sense do it then and hey... We would have been one season in so far! :keke:

sailormoongalaxy wrote:
Sailor Biccy wrote:

^ I call bulls***, Sorry! So tired of this, especially if people are just making up lies for the heck of it.

You're working with professionals? Do you have contacts in the middle? Currently, I talk a lot with Kaze France, Animeland (French Magazine), and various publishers in France.

I'm not the kind of guy who likes to be insulted liar, by a guy who has no contact in the middle. And believes that his thoughts are the best in the world. (typical of Americans to think best in the world, you are seen like that by the French.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
Luna
Luna
There's no reason to get nasty and political (I mean, really?). The problem is we're all hearing this second and third hand. Until we hear it directly from Toei themselves or someone directly representing Takeuchi, it's only hearsay. European-only sources just aren't decisive enough to settle it for us. This has nothing to do with LOLSTUPIDAMERICANS, which I think is just you trying to pick a fight.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 241  Next