Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Viz Media's Sailor Moon Crystal BD/DVD Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:19 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
thegirlwithabow wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
MerkurX wrote:
Has anyone compared Madman's version? Is Crystal also taken from Italian masters? Trying to decide whether to buy theirs or Viz's.

There is no Italian master for Crystal because Dynit hasn't licensed the show yet. As for Madman, that set comes out in 2 weeks.

I have contacted Madman about their version of Crystal. It's the VIZ version, not a Madman remaster.

It's not the "VIZ" version! Madman even said on facebook that they have received all of their materials directly from Toei. Yes, as ChibiBoi said, Toei is distributing the same master of Crystal to every country that is licensing the series. All encodes are done locally - no one does a copy & paste of the final m2ts (Blu-Ray) or vob (DVD) files from other countries, it is simply not allowed; and if that was the case, there wouldn't be a need to distribute any kind of master.

And there is no need to remaster Crystal, the anime itself is already drawn in high definition. The banding problems or quality defects depends on how the company handles their encoding. An easy debanding filter will do the fix (or you use a higher bitrate to produce huge file sizes like the Japanese do) but some companies such as Kaze or Viz don't care about quality, apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
KAKERU wrote:
It's not the "VIZ" version! Madman even said on facebook that they have received all of their materials directly from Toei. Yes, as ChibiBoi said, Toei is distributing the same master of Crystal to every country that is licensing the series. All encodes are done locally - no one does a copy & paste of the final m2ts (Blu-Ray) or vob (DVD) files from other countries, it is simply not allowed; and if that was the case, there wouldn't be a need to distribute any kind of master.

And there is no need to remaster Crystal, the anime itself is already drawn in high definition. The banding problems or quality defects depends on how the company handles their encoding. An easy debanding filter will do the fix (or you use a higher bitrate to produce huge file sizes like the Japanese do) but some companies such as Kaze or Viz don't care about quality, apparently.

Well this is what I emailed Madman:

"Hi! Just to check, is the BluRay version of Sailor Moon Crystal you guys have
published by Viz or by Madman?"

So what does that mean?

And they responded with "Hi, it is by Viz! Hope that helps."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
thegirlwithabow wrote:
KAKERU wrote:

Well this is what I emailed Madman:

"Hi! Just to check, is the BluRay version of Sailor Moon Crystal you guys have
published by Viz or by Madman?"

So what does that mean?

And they responded with "Hi, it is by Viz! Hope that helps."

It is published by Madman, the only thing they get from Viz is the English subtitles and the dub.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Gah, first time ordering from Right Stuff and it is taking a while (it's my first ever order coming from the USA though) so hope it's worth the wait. Usually my orders from Japan only takes 1-3 days delivery and I get it either delivered directly or through customs (Philippines here btw) expected Delivery date is 8/31/16 ;(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've been watching some unboxing videos and people have been saying the spine label for the limited edition box is misaligned and off-center on some boxes. Has anyone here experienced this? Mine looks fine as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Does Somebody knows, when Viz media releases the Black moon Arc of Sailor Moon Crystal on Bluray & DVD?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Sataan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:30 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Nobody knows yet, I'm hoping it's before S Part 2 just to get that part of Crystal over with since the dub has been available on Hulu for a while now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ah, ok, thank you very much.
Best wishes from germany.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:37 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seeraa_Sataan wrote:
Does Somebody knows, when Viz media releases the Black moon Arc of Sailor Moon Crystal on Bluray & DVD?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Sataan

It will be definitely before Super S, but maybe after S part 2.

I am thinking about something. Since Germany used the last cover for the deluxe edition, do you think Viz will use the last cover for the deluxe edition? I don't like it because it has the Cosmic Heart Compact in it, but the cover with the Crystal Compact has Luna as silouette, so it's a hard choice. Maybe using the Neo Queen Serenity Cover? Which one do you prefer for the Viz Crystal 2 deluxe cover?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
I saw this interesting review of sailor moon crystal. I think interesting because the person only saw the 90 s anime , and havn't read the manga . This is also a review of the Bluray/dvd releases .
http://www.fandompost.com/2016/09/02/sa ... me-review/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
cuau_cg wrote:
I am thinking about something. Since Germany used the last cover for the deluxe edition, do you think Viz will use the last cover for the deluxe edition? I don't like it because it has the Cosmic Heart Compact in it, but the cover with the Crystal Compact has Luna as silouette, so it's a hard choice. Maybe using the Neo Queen Serenity Cover? Which one do you prefer for the Viz Crystal 2 deluxe cover?

You mean Volume 6 with Usagi & Mamoru? Viz has already used that for the first set's second DVD and it's also on one of the art cards.

The second set should have one of Black Moon's covers since that's the episodes it will have and if Viz & Kaze are smart, they should use Volume 13.

This is probably the only time we'll get a full group shot and with Chibiusa on it since season 3 didn't really get one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:41 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
^ you're right, they'll most likely use volume 13 as the cover, even though they all look the most derp. I wouldn't mind if volume 9's cover was used though:

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 75.39 KiB | Viewed 5723 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:42 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
That Usagi and Ami faces through....ugh, i almost forgot, how bad some of these covers look :sick:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:30 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Makoto looks so good on that cover... why does Usagi have to look so messed up? :sadeyes:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The girls look like zombies in Volume 13, but at least their faces aren't melting off like in Volume 9... So hopefully Viz uses 13.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
At least Volume 13 shows off the true star of the show - the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou :lol:

Too bad they messed up Chibi Moon's boots though. The blatant lack of quality control with these covers still astounds me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I dunno.... it's weird.... I used to really hate these covers and think that they were really cringy...
but when you see them up close "in person" they look so much better somehow?!
I used to haaateee the one of Princess Serenity and just think that it was a really ugly picture because it looks like she has giant bug eyes. But honestly it's actually so so pretty and it might even be my favorite one now.
Just look at these pictures I took of them for my Snapchat story.

Attachments:
14359712_10154516693258866_1160355601_o.jpg
14359712_10154516693258866_1160355601_o.jpg [ 36.54 KiB | Viewed 5417 times ]

Last edited by JamesHeart on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
:love: Honestly though these pictures are in waaay better quality on snapchat. Add Username: SailorJames if you want to see them

Attachments:
14316072_10154516693118866_1885067968_o.jpg
14316072_10154516693118866_1885067968_o.jpg [ 40.29 KiB | Viewed 5409 times ]
14339241_10154516692528866_45066689_o.jpg
14339241_10154516692528866_45066689_o.jpg [ 45 KiB | Viewed 5416 times ]
14329356_10154516692438866_1868447093_o.jpg
14329356_10154516692438866_1868447093_o.jpg [ 46.17 KiB | Viewed 5416 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:31 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
:love:

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 42.04 KiB | Viewed 5381 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 71.61 KiB | Viewed 5389 times ]
image.png
image.png [ 327.81 KiB | Viewed 5385 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:10 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
You took your cards out of the shrink wrap? Do they fit nicely in the box or does it seem like they'll fly off and slip away? I'm afraid of misplacing them so I keep them wrapped in a package still.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Yep they fit in there perfectly ! Just put the Bluray case on one side, and the artbook on the other side, and the cards fit nice and securely in between them. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:16 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://www.twitch.tv/nycc2/v/93985293 (at 17:23)

Confirmed at New York Comic Con earlier today, the Black Moon set will be coming out early next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I just received my copy of the limited edition blu-ray/DVD combo pack by Viz today! :mrgreen:

I'm planning on making a video review about this set and will upload it on youtube soon :wink:

Post subject: When will Sailor Moon Crystal set 2 be available on dvd?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:03 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Just wondering.........

Post subject: Re: When will Sailor Moon Crystal set 2 be available on dvd?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
As far as I know, Viz has only said it would be sometime early next year.

Post subject: Does know when part 2 of the crystal dub on dvd coming out
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:56 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Please let me know

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:45 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Limited Edition: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JCRB2
Regular Edition: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXZEQLU
DVD-only: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JDEKX

Not up for pre-order yet as these are only placeholders but when they do, they should be available through these links like season 1's set even after the long delay that it had.

Post subject: Viz Subtitles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
So I watching sailor moon crystal , on dvd . ( That my mom gave me for Christmas ) . I enjoying so far , but watching subtitle . And well OMG the subtitles are more smoother. There superior to toei ones that s for sure .

Post subject: Re: Viz Subtitles
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:55 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Good news

Post subject: Re: Does know when part 2 of the crystal dub on dvd coming out
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I guess no one knows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next