Act 26 Preview

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TuxedoStarr

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 27, 2003
693
0
0
World Traveler :)
From reading the HICBC preview, it sounds like the purpose of their rebirth was different than that from the manga...In the manga, they were purposely reborn to find each other again, but from the translation, it says fate brought them together again, so it seems like pure coincidental luck to me...wonder how long this has been going on, if that's the case....*plotbunny!*

At any rate...wow. This act, leading up to a "KABOOM" episode, and we gotta wait a week?!?!?!? *growls* This is gonna suck. But I can't wait to see what Jupiter's gonna do with her star tambourine. The thing looks like some conglomeration of rubber and plastic. It had BETTER be cool. *drools over possible Sparkling Wide Pressure or Coconut Cyclone*
 

purplestarz

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 20, 2004
280
0
0
bx
I have the feeling that the past isnt going to get more than a ten minute explanation. A lot has to happen, Sailor Luna, Jupiter's star thing, Nephrite attacking. That seems like a lot to stuff into one episode. That makes me sad because I never read that part of the manga so I was hoping the show would go in depth with it. I know that the anime didn't. Thinking about it more I really think the past will only get just about five minutes :( Maybe I am just pessimistic.
 

Malachite82

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 21, 2003
212
0
0
Boston
purplestarz said:
I have the feeling that the past isnt going to get more than a ten minute explanation. A lot has to happen, Sailor Luna, Jupiter's star thing, Nephrite attacking. That seems like a lot to stuff into one episode. That makes me sad because I never read that part of the manga so I was hoping the show would go in depth with it. I know that the anime didn't. Thinking about it more I really think the past will only get just about five minutes :( Maybe I am just pessimistic.
I've never gotten far in the manga but when exactly do they reveal the past in the manga? In the anime, for some reason, it was around episode 42 more or less, many episodes later after the princess was revealed. I liked the anime rendition of the past though.
 

purplestarz

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 20, 2004
280
0
0
bx
Malachite82 said:
purplestarz said:
I have the feeling that the past isnt going to get more than a ten minute explanation. A lot has to happen, Sailor Luna, Jupiter's star thing, Nephrite attacking. That seems like a lot to stuff into one episode. That makes me sad because I never read that part of the manga so I was hoping the show would go in depth with it. I know that the anime didn't. Thinking about it more I really think the past will only get just about five minutes :( Maybe I am just pessimistic.
I've never gotten far in the manga but when exactly do they reveal the past in the manga? In the anime, for some reason, it was around episode 42 more or less, many episodes later after the princess was revealed. I liked the anime rendition of the past though.


I think in the manga they went into the Shittenou being Endymion's guardians, Beryl's feelings for the prince, how the prince and princess met, and things like that. I think thats what happens. Im not sure though because well I've never read it lol.
 

Elasaid Aiden

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 29, 2004
166
0
0
Did anyone else think it was weird that Artimis was jiving a present to Jupiter. Do you think it might be possible that there was some sort of weird editing int eh preview and there's more to it than that? Like maye he was talking to all of them and Jupiter was they only one shown. It doesn't have to be that, but it did just seem odd. It may be likely that the moment is somehow connected to something that happened in the past as well.

I dunno! New episode already!
 

genkib

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 3, 2004
421
0
0
TuxedoStarr said:
From reading the HICBC preview, it sounds like the purpose of their rebirth was different than that from the manga...In the manga, they were purposely reborn to find each other again, but from the translation, it says fate brought them together again, so it seems like pure coincidental luck to me...wonder how long this has been going on, if that's the case....*plotbunny!**
I'm not too sure cuz I don't have my mangas with me now, but I think Queen Serenity caused them to be reborn on Earth so they could find happiness in this life. Whether or not Serenity & Endymion were to meet again was probably out of the Queen's control. So in a way, it is fate that brought them back together in this reincarncation.
TuxedoStarr said:
At any rate...wow. This act, leading up to a "KABOOM" episode, and we gotta wait a week?!?!?!? *growls* This is gonna suck. But I can't wait to see what Jupiter's gonna do with her star tambourine. The thing looks like some conglomeration of rubber and plastic. It had BETTER be cool. *drools over possible Sparkling Wide Pressure or Coconut Cyclone*
I certainly hope they don't put out all the attacks so soon...otherwise, what would we see if and when we get to R or S & beyond? All the attacks have been showcased, then the writers have to come up with new attacks of their own to give to the power-uped senshis.

And to answer others' question...they talked about the past a bit when Tuxedo Mask died and Serenity awakened. She recalled some of the details & it was the memory of his death in the past life that caused the Silver Crystal to appear. Then after Tux's corpse was kidnapped by Kunzite, Luna said they will visit the Moon 1 month later to learn the truth about their past life. It was on that trip that they met Queen Serenity and the fall of the kingdom was known. I think the part about Beryl having feelings for Endymion was highlighted later on when she attacked the Crown arcade.
 

Serenathy

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 26, 2004
263
0
0
Re: Hina problem

Ailinon said:
I doubt Mamoru will ever leave Hina of his own will. He might be unhappy, perplexed, tormented, in pain, miserable, agonized, hurt, heartbroken, anguished, suffering, forlorn, depressed...
...
^_^ *sigh* what a beatiful mental image...
...
Sorry, I got carried away ^_^

Anyway, he might be... SAD, OKAY?.. but his honour will probably never allow him not keep his promise. He's Japanese after all. It has to be Hina to break up, or maybe her father or something completely strange (like Dark Kingdom kidnapping and Hina thinking he's dead or MIA).
He will not leave Hina, but I doubt that she will let him go. She did say something like, "even if you stay with me because of my father, stay with me always. " She's too in love with him.

She is shameless. Hina is sweet and nice but she is so selfish, in my opinion, after watching act 25. I am not happy. I hope that the end this triangle soon because it is starting to get on my nerve.
 

Lady Brick

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 21, 2004
123
0
0
www.mindeclipse.com
KerochanNoMiko said:
Elasaid Aiden said:
Did anyone else think it was weird that Artimis was jiving a present to Jupiter.
Maybe Artemis's human form is Motoki? :D
:lol: That's too funny! I'd be more inclined to believe it if he were a turtle or at least green, though :D
 

dodgerfan

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 23, 2003
1,812
0
0
Just outside of New York City
uncchristine99 said:
I'm worried that there's too much going on for a good Mako-centric episode. I wish a lot of things had happened before the princess unveiling (i.e. Ami coming back, Jupi leveling up, Nephrite getting killed) but now I'm intrigued because I wanna see how the writers get themselves out of this tangle.

Also see: http://cp05.ionhosting.com/~genvidf/vie ... php?t=1462
:? Good thing you reminded me of Ami still being in the form of Dark Mercury! I wonder when the the senshi will undertake a "rescue mission" to get her back from Kunzite? Heck, in the anime, they were always trying to save Mamoru/Endymion from Beryl! Why not the same concern for Mercury being saved?
 

Pray

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 26, 2004
86
0
0
On one hand, they're following the manga fairly faithfully (with extra bits added in), but on the other hand, this show is for rather young children...
... the Sailor Moon anime and manga are also for younger children/teens.
But a real series is more "real" then a manga or anime at least ...
A suicide would be cool .. a sword-fighting and Beryll-stabbing Venus would rock ..
I'm sure the writers will find a good solution.
 

marspeach

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 11, 2003
3,767
0
0
D-town, MI
Elasaid Aiden said:
Did anyone else think it was weird that Artimis was jiving a present to Jupiter. Do you think it might be possible that there was some sort of weird editing int eh preview and there's more to it than that? Like maye he was talking to all of them and Jupiter was they only one shown. It doesn't have to be that, but it did just seem odd. It may be likely that the moment is somehow connected to something that happened in the past as well.

I dunno! New episode already!
He says "kimitachi" which is you plural, so yes, he is giving them all a tambourine.
 

Elasaid Aiden

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 29, 2004
166
0
0
Thanks : ) I wouldn't have known until the episode came out.
Artemis always seemed so much more attached to Minako, the idea of him gifting only Makoto wasn't sitting right with me.

And now that my typo of "jiving" has spread...
 

genkib

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 3, 2004
421
0
0
Elasaid Aiden said:
Did anyone else think it was weird that Artimis was jiving a present to Jupiter. Do you think it might be possible that there was some sort of weird editing int eh preview and there's more to it than that?

In the toy site that was circulated before, there are 4 interchangeable "jewels" for each of the 4 guardians of the Princess. That implies that each of them would get a tambourine. Whether or not they are given all at once or to each in turn, we'll find out soon enough.
 

venus

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 13, 2003
49
0
0
Canada
Well, if Artimus is really giving the guardians tambourine, then would it really mean that Minako will finally be going to the the karaoke room and hang out there with the others? What about her 'condition'? How will it flow into the plot line? This kinda is a bit off the topic there, sorry about that. I kinda think that they would say something about it next ep or the one after it, ne?