Do people actually like this change?

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

UranusX

Luna Nova
Aug 6, 2013
27
11
15
#1
Do you guys here actually like how the soldiers' attacks happen instantly instead of the "attack sequences" with all the dancing/twirling of the old anime? I find that the old attack sequences added suspense and made it more fun to watch. But I remember some members here actually posted before Crystal premiered that this is the change they wanted. Do many here actually like this change?

Also, why didn't they make the same change for the transformation sequence?
 
Jul 11, 2013
1,994
620
665
#2
UranusX said:
Do you guys here actually like how the soldiers' attacks happen instantly instead of the "attack sequences" with all the dancing/twirling of the old anime? I find that the old attack sequences added suspense and made it more fun to watch. But I remember some members here actually posted before Crystal premiered that this is the change they wanted. Do many here actually like this change?

Also, why didn't they make the same change for the transformation sequence?
I think they should make a bit longer sequences of upgrades and first attack. :D
The old attack in '90 anime makes me feel that they are not strong enough to defeat enemies. They look like dancing than attack. (Moon Tiara Action, Rainbow Moon Heart Ache, Moon Gorgeous Meditation, Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss, Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss........)
I think enemies should have kicked her when she's dancing P-: P-: P-:
 

Chibimoon

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 8, 2014
63
0
0
#3
Crystal Moon said:
UranusX said:
Do you guys here actually like how the soldiers' attacks happen instantly instead of the "attack sequences" with all the dancing/twirling of the old anime? I find that the old attack sequences added suspense and made it more fun to watch. But I remember some members here actually posted before Crystal premiered that this is the change they wanted. Do many here actually like this change?

Also, why didn't they make the same change for the transformation sequence?
I think they should make a bit longer sequences of upgrades and first attack. :D
The old attack in '90 anime makes me feel that they are not strong enough to defeat enemies. They look like dancing than attack. (Moon Tiara Action, Rainbow Moon Heart Ache, Moon Gorgeous Meditation, Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss, Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss........)
I think enemies should have kicked her when she's dancing P-: P-: P-:

Yeah, Usagi twirling around always struck me as odd because she is so clumsy lol
 
Jul 28, 2014
85
0
0
#4
I do! I like that the attacks are real-time and not stock footage of them taking a minute to power-up their attacks. I like that it's different from the classic anime (why else make a new series, after all?).

Goodness knows there's already plenty of reused stock footage in the transformation sequences and the introductory speeches. :lol:
 

Zoe

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
501
0
0
38
#5
I do like it. The transformation sequences and speeches feel like pandering to the old anime, so I'm glad those are getting reduced as well.
 

Kerochan no Miko

Knight Radiant
Staff member
Site Admin
Feb 29, 2004
6,242
115
165
#7
I love the real-time attacks. Jupiter Thunderbolt was especially impressive, and looked like an actual powerful magical attack, proving that Sailor Jupiter really is a force to be reckoned with.
 
Jul 29, 2012
3,978
770
665
#10
I miss the action and the movement from the 90's anime.

I was watching the scene of the first episode of Stars today (Outer senshi fighting those mirror-made monsters), and the scene had so much movement and different angles... and, oh the henshin, Sailor Pluto carrying baby Hotaru while having to fight, and Sailor Saturn... awakening again! So much action and tension!

The animation of crystal, IMO, feels very slow when compared to scenes such as the one described above.
 
Feb 10, 2009
802
15
15
32
#11
I like the change to an extent. Having the quick attacks is refreshing after 200 episodes that used stock footage majority of the time. But at the same time, I want to see them do their attacks all fancy like time to time.
 

SailorWelshy

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
3,242
4
0
30
#13
Eric said:
I miss the action and the movement from the 90's anime.

I was watching the scene of the first episode of Stars today (Outer senshi fighting those mirror-made monsters), and the scene had so much movement and different angles... and, oh the henshin, Sailor Pluto carrying baby Hotaru while having to fight, and Sailor Saturn... awakening again! So much action and tension!

The animation of crystal, IMO, feels very slow when compared to scenes such as the one described above.
That's a very unfair comparison Eric, that scene is from season 5, by that time they perfected the animation. In fact, compare that scene to the first season of the 90's anime in which the animation looked like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Sloppy, slow and no detail.

Anyway, I like this change very much, because it means no stock footage. YAY! And this means that more time can be spent on the story and characters, rather than Usagi's spinning.

When I watched the 90's I would often say, "Yep that spinning, truly without it the whole show would collapse (!)"
 

Sera-V

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 1, 2014
609
1
0
#14
I prefer the real time sequences in Crystal. The more diversity in attack footage keeps things interesting. I think the SMC staff will only resort to using stock footage if they are pressed for time (see Moon Tiara Boomerang in Act 3).
 

Seira Hazuki

Aurorae Lunares
Jan 17, 2007
2,174
1,327
1,665
#15
I'm sorry, but this is a completely welcome change.

There's only so much of Sailor Moon running, screaming from a youma, Mercury using 'shabon spray', Mars using 'Fire Soul,' then wooosh tiara! That I could take from the original anime.
 

imaginationgirl

Lumen Cinereum
Aug 16, 2014
1,933
331
165
USA
#16
I like this change,and here's why.In the old anime,the stock footage were prety cool.But after a while it sorto of got annoying.As with crystal,the footage is at real time.Which means you get more story,I would hate to have stock footage,especialy in the later episodes.Where the story is at the most climax.Sure its okay to have stock footage ,once in a while.But not for every episode.
 

Pooh

Lapis Lunaris
Apr 30, 2014
696
0
0
40
Thinking spot
#17
Yes I do, sometimes the sequences took way too long. As another poster pointed out Usagi twirling with a baton :lol:

Crystal is doing a lot of things right and sticking to the story and developing characters instead of spending 5 min on attacks is one of them.
 

AnnaSartin

Lapis Lunaris
Aug 14, 2014
477
0
0
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
#18
I think this change is for the better. Real-time attacks make the scene flow more naturally and it looks less "dancy" and fake. Plus less time spent using stock footage means more time spent on the actual story, which is essential since this carefully planned serial series will not have filler episode.
 

Zoe

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
501
0
0
38
#19
Sera-V said:
I prefer the real time sequences in Crystal. The more diversity in attack footage keeps things interesting. I think the SMC staff will only resort to using stock footage if they are pressed for time (see Moon Tiara Boomerang in Act 3).
Wasn't that one still redrawn? I seem to remember it having less detail than the first episode.
 
Jul 11, 2013
1,994
620
665
#20
Zoe said:
Sera-V said:
I prefer the real time sequences in Crystal. The more diversity in attack footage keeps things interesting. I think the SMC staff will only resort to using stock footage if they are pressed for time (see Moon Tiara Boomerang in Act 3).
Wasn't that one still redrawn? I seem to remember it having less detail than the first episode.
No, they didn't redraw it. Just because the color is darker, you can see texture on her hair well.