Sailor Moon: 167-172 (Negavision Fandub)

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChibiBoi

Aurorae Lunares
Jan 2, 2010
1,195
168
165
#81
PokemonBWDub said:
fighter4luv said:
When you edit later though it becomes confusing sometimes :P That's why when you watch the TV version of Cloverway's dub, there is always a scene that doesn't make sense coz of what they cut out :P
But at the same time, why did they have a so-called "Uncut" version when all it had was the cut scenes dubbed, keeping the edited dialogue?
Uncut means it wasn't cut LOL that's why. Doesn't mean dialogue is unaltered haha Besides, translating something into another language is difficult. Even great dubs like InuYasha, Neon Genesis Evangelion, all have altered lines. Especially for a kids show too, that's too be expected.
 

KAKERU

Luna Crescens
Nov 3, 2010
176
0
0
#82
I think if you were to do a dual audio release, go with what Cloverway did. They recorded using an uncut script. Then for the TV edit, they just cut what was necessary. That way, the voice actors only needed to record one set of lines. And as for audio, I feel like KAKERU would be able to help a lot especially if a voice-track and an SFX track were provided, it would be easy for someone else to mux the japanese score with it. So all you, F4L would need to do, is record the voice and apply the SFX as you've been doing, and KAKERU can help with the extra Japanese score :D and then everyone's happy
Maybe don't cut any of the dialogue nor cut any of the video, just do your "DiC" edits and transitions for the DiC version. As for the uncut version, the original Japanese video without any edits would have to be used(you can use your F4L logo if you want) so we can use the original opening theme and ending. Therefore, there would be two video versions of each episode, one cut and one uncut. I am sure fans would love to see both versions.

Also, for the uncut version, I can use the original Japanese track as a "layer" to help me out. I can silence the music and sound effects and overwrite the music cuts in order, then send the tracks over to Corey so he could add his voices and sound effects. He can adjust the volume of the voices and music to his preference. That would make it much easier on all of us, because I don't want to mess something up xD

@Corey and Chibiboi: We need to get together online and further discuss the details on this project :P But the original Japanese score would definitely make people happy, even if you make any modifications to any names, etc. As long as there is a story that makes sense is all I look for :) But it would be nice to stick 100% to the original story and monster names :P
 
#83
KAKERU said:
Maybe don't cut any of the dialogue nor cut any of the video, just do your "DiC" edits and transitions for the DiC version. As for the uncut version, the original Japanese video without any edits would have to be used(you can use your F4L logo if you want) so we can use the original opening theme and ending. Therefore, there would be two video versions of each episode, one cut and one uncut. I am sure fans would love to see both versions.

Also, for the uncut version, I can use the original Japanese track as a "layer" to help me out. I can silence the music and sound effects and overwrite the music cuts in order, then send the tracks over to Corey so he could add his voices and sound effects. He can adjust the volume of the voices and music to his preference. That would make it much easier on all of us, because I don't want to mess something up xD

@Corey and Chibiboi: We need to get together online and further discuss the details on this project :P But the original Japanese score would definitely make people happy, even if you make any modifications to any names, etc. As long as there is a story that makes sense is all I look for :) But it would be nice to stick 100% to the original story and monster names :P
I don't want huge drastic changes. If I remember correctly, a couple of our voice actors are only playing their roles because we're doing the fandub the way it is. I don't want to be recasting my main Sailor Scouts just to make a few people happy :( But, someone else is more than welcome to work on a completely uncut version of Sailor Stars :)

It's not like we're re-writing the whole story of Sailor Stars, and since our plot-lines are exactly the same as the original, I don't see why we have to start changing the scripts too much. I will perhaps pressure the writers to fit the lines they write more into the actual mouth movements with the least amount of edits... but in saying that, sometimes I have to cut or remove bits of mouth movement footage so it fits the recorded line. In saying that, those will be the only video edits (and when we translate shots of Japanese signs).
 

Rebochan

Lumen Cinererum
Aug 29, 2003
437
6
0
#84
Wow, there are seriously people involved in this production ONLY because it's promised to stay faithful to a terrible dub?

That's...just sad. I guess respect for the people who made the show never factors into that, does it?
 

ShineAquaIllusion

Lumen Cinererum
Jul 15, 2012
321
18
15
27
USA
#85
Rebochan said:
Wow, there are seriously people involved in this production ONLY because it's promised to stay faithful to a terrible dub?

That's...just sad. I guess respect for the people who made the show never factors into that, does it?
Okay. We get it. The English dub of Bishôjo Senshi Sailor Moon is the devil and we're all horrible people for liking any aspect of it. We're all going to Hell for growing up with it and not immediately rejecting it. I have seen the light. All the voice actors are horrible, unintelligent people and everyone involved with any production of Sailor Moon ever that isn't 100% faithful to the original Japanese version is an abomination and a sin against God. I will repent. Thank you, Almighty Rebochan; I worship the ground you walk on.

There needs to be a rolling eyes smiley.
 

NJ_

Nebula
Oct 31, 2009
7,740
1,417
1,665
34
Wallington, NJ
#86
#87
ShineAquaIllusion said:
Rebochan said:
Wow, there are seriously people involved in this production ONLY because it's promised to stay faithful to a terrible dub?

That's...just sad. I guess respect for the people who made the show never factors into that, does it?
Okay. We get it. The English dub of Bishôjo Senshi Sailor Moon is the devil and we're all horrible people for liking any aspect of it. We're all going to Hell for growing up with it and not immediately rejecting it. I have seen the light. All the voice actors are horrible, unintelligent people and everyone involved with any production of Sailor Moon ever that isn't 100% faithful to the original Japanese version is an abomination and a sin against God. I will repent. Thank you, Almighty Rebochan; I worship the ground you walk on.

There needs to be a rolling eyes smiley.
it's just too hard for her to respect others. also some dub fans do like the original but see can't see her hate for the dub.

NJ_ said:
ShineAquaIllusion said:
There needs to be a rolling eyes smiley.
:roll: :mischief:
but this :mischief: is pervy. :ninja: this one could have done the job too :| :p
 

Rebochan

Lumen Cinererum
Aug 29, 2003
437
6
0
#88
There is a not a rolling eye smiley large enough for Shine and Swifty's posts combined.

And hey, at least we got one more "It can't be bad because I grew up with it!" excuse. Dude, seriously, I used to eat play-doh when I was a kid, that doesn't mean that I'd defend eating Play Doh when I'm old enough to understand why it's a silly idea.
 
Mar 22, 2012
570
1
0
#89
Rebochan said:
There is a not a rolling eye smiley large enough for Shine and Swifty's posts combined.

And hey, at least we got one more "It can't be bad because I grew up with it!" excuse. Dude, seriously, I used to eat play-doh when I was a kid, that doesn't mean that I'd defend eating Play Doh when I'm old enough to understand why it's a silly idea.
I don't know whether you actually comprehend what we're saying and then selectively ignore the parts that aren't convenient for you to rebut, or if you really don't get that nobody here is making the arguments you claim we are.

Nobody is claiming that DiC's work is not flawed or that growing up with it absolves it of anything. I, personally, am pointing out that I have every right to feel that the original anime is also flawed in some ways, that sometimes the changes that DiC made resulted in certain parts feeling less silly to me then the original and that I believe I should be able to express such opinions even though I realise you may disagree with them. I was hugely dissapointed with most of the show as a child anyway, it's not like I have any particular attachment to it that clouds my vision to the unquestionably superior Japanese version.
 

ShineAquaIllusion

Lumen Cinererum
Jul 15, 2012
321
18
15
27
USA
#90
Rebochan said:
And hey, at least we got one more "It can't be bad because I grew up with it!" excuse. Dude, seriously, I used to eat play-doh when I was a kid, that doesn't mean that I'd defend eating Play Doh when I'm old enough to understand why it's a silly idea.
Okay, firstly: "We're all going to Hell for growing up with it and not immediately rejecting it" is one thought. (Growing up with it and not rejecting it later.) I can understand where you may have thought it was two, (Growing up with it, and also not rejecting it later.) but I wasn't trying to defend DiC and Cloverway's work on the series; rather, I was pointing out how you're condemning each and everything and everyone who still has fond memories of their childhood show.

Secondly: Are you kidding me? I'm done re-watching the English dub; I've since switched over names and terms to the original, because, you know, some people call her Serena, or Ah Toe, or Bunny, or Sera, or Annie, but Usagi is the original name as chosen by Naoko Takeuchi and it's the common name that's easiest to call her when discussing it amongst a forum of international fans. I've noticed so many flaws there. Luna missing a line? Amara talking with Lita's voice coming out? Cousbians? Sailor Saturn being somehow evil? The fact that it missed an entire season? It's bad, my friend. If BSSM is a scrumptious, healthy salad, then ENG SM is a big, greasy burger. It's horrible for you and nothing at all like the salad, but it tastes delicious.

I know the flaws of the English dub more than anyone! How the story was changed, how the characterization was altered, (I still can't watch "Fractious Friends" AKA "Is Usagi Going it Alone? The Sailor Guardians Get into a Big Fight" in the English dub... ugh. They butchered Rei's character.) the musical replacements, all of it.

But you know what? They tried to play off Serena as a role-model for kids, and hell, look at me! It surely worked. For example, I know why they had Serena and Molly gush over rhinestones after naming off a bunch of more priceless jewels; DiC's logic was, "Well, kids will hear Serena go on and on about rhinestones--cheap, fake costume jewelry--and maybe they'll say, 'No, I don't want a diamond, I just want a rhinestone like the kind Serena likes.'" While I personally never took up an interest in gemstones, it was a smart move on DiC's part.

Okay. This is going to be a really stupid comparison since I'm assuming you were very, very young when you ate Play-Doh and I was still watching the English dub when I was 7, but here goes anyway...

Even though you no longer eat Play-Doh, the salty smell of it reminds you of all the fun times you had with it, so you squish it in your hands and maybe make a few shapes for a little while before you get bored and pass it back to your little niece, nephew, cousin, or child.

Oh! But please, don't mind me; after all, I have a serious condition according to you: Dubbing Stockholm Syndrome.
 
#91
I'm sure y'all are lovely people in real life.

But I just...have a huge, giant issue with a "fan group" (I use the term very loosely here) that willfully does a bad fandub of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, just because a small group of ignorant idiots wishes it to be in English because they're so small minded or easily distracted that they can't be bothered to read subtitles or listen to another language being spoken.

"OMG, Japanese? What's that? It's not English! I don't like it already because I can't understand a word being said! Subtitles? You mean I have to READ?! Screw that! Make it in the language I understand it in and make sure they're called 'Sailor Scouts' because Sailor Soldiers just sounds totally stupid."

I hate DiC SO much for what it did to Sailor Moon. Yeah, I'm glad that because of them, 65% of the fandom discovered Sailor Moon and bad dubbing, but why do I want to watch the final season WILLFULLY badly dubbed....with cuts and transitions, no less? No. It needs to be burned.

I mean, if someone out there actually did an uncut dub that uses ORIGINAL dialogue, ORIGINAL music and kept everything EXACTLY the same word for word...with people who actually did GOOD voice work, unlike the 'fandub' of Stars (Yes, I have tried to watch your 'fandub' of Stars and couldn't make it through even one episode because the voice acting was so atrocious and fit none of the characters.).

I read a lot. I have a very good imagination. I also have slightly bad hearing, and because of that, am very partial to having subtitles even when the film/tv series I may be watching is in my native language to begin with. So I am totally okay with foreign languages and subtitles, but that's just me.

I mean, I've heard people on this forum say "Oh, I hate the new translated version of the manga; I prefer TokyoPop's version!" and then post elsewhere about how much they hate the dub. Then there are the folks who sit there and say, "Oh, my gosh, I LOVE the dub to bits and pieces!" and then in the same breath praise the new manga for staying true to the original.

As for me, I refuse to support this particular fandub. Glad you're giving it to the masses, but you're giving it to them butchered. I've seen your version on YouTube and some of the idiots who leave comments there actually believe that this is officially sanctioned. Then there are people who still believe that Haruka and Michiru are cousins. It's just unbelievable. Way to pander to the ignorant masses.

So sorry, but you guys fail in my book. Congratulations. You can go right next to Elly's pathetic scantilation project which she should have cut off the instant that she knew the re-release was happening. She didn't. I lost any respect I had for her. I don't care if she's a mod here, that's how I feel.

You can enjoy your 'Sailor (girl) Scouts', while I go off and enjoy my Sailor Soldiers and my Haruka and Michiru.
 
Oct 7, 2003
611
0
0
103
#92
If you read my earlier post in this thread you will see that I'm not a proponent of fan dubs either, but to claim that anyone who wishes to watch the series in English is an "ignorant idiot" is just rude and uncalled for.

Nearly everyone here has been watching and enjoying Sailor Moon in both English and Japanese for many years. Most of us will always prefer the original uncut and unaltered Japanese version for obvious reasons but there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to view a foreign language animated series on your own native language as well. Please be careful with how you express your sentiments in the future. Aggression, negative generalizations, and name calling are not necessary.
 
#93
SoldierOfTheSun said:
If you read my earlier post in this thread you will see that I'm not a proponent of fan dubs either, but to claim that anyone who wishes to watch the series in English is an "ignorant idiot" is just rude and uncalled for.

Nearly everyone here has been watching and enjoying Sailor Moon in both English and Japanese for many years. Most of us will always prefer the original uncut and unaltered Japanese version for obvious reasons but there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to view a foreign language animated series on your own native language as well. Please be careful with how you express your sentiments in the future. Aggression, negative generalizations, and name calling are not necessary.
and most want a redub too =^_^= and i agree nothing wrong with wanting something in the language you speak. it would be nice not have to read subtitle all the time plus it's easier to multitask too. =^_^=

@ SmallLadySerenity: there are people out there who have bad eye sight so they can't read subtitles some even had disalixa and the words may appear backwards
 

Rebochan

Lumen Cinererum
Aug 29, 2003
437
6
0
#94
...wow...I mean, I do have a problem with Dubbing Stockholm Syndrome that creates dubs like Fighter4Luv's, and I do have problems with people that admit they only prefer the DiC dub because it's the only version they can watch in spoken English, but I would never insist people not watch anime in English. Well, maybe I did in the heat of the late 90s, but I blame being 12 and stupid for that!

I've been pretty upfront that had Fighter4Luv just done a straight dub of Sailor Stars, I'd probably have no problems with it.
 

ChibiBoi

Aurorae Lunares
Jan 2, 2010
1,195
168
165
#95
OMG can we get a moderator up in this business please? This thread is way off topic, and nothing but drama drama drama.
 

Rebochan

Lumen Cinererum
Aug 29, 2003
437
6
0
#96
There IS a report button on any posts you find offensive.

...on the other hand, it's on topic of Negavision and Fighter4Luv fandubs and their justifications of them.

By the way, I don't have any moral objections to Elly's scanlations due to the generally low quality of the current releases. They're a good reference point for the many translation errors, and they're also the only way to read anything that Kodansha USA isn't translating at all. I was a big supporter of Alex Glover's scripts back in the 90s for the same reason.

I still support the official releases of Kodansha's books.
 

ChibiBoi

Aurorae Lunares
Jan 2, 2010
1,195
168
165
#97
Rebochan said:
...on the other hand, it's on topic of Negavision and Fighter4Luv fandubs and their justifications of them.
No, no, I'm pretty sure this thread was started just to find some links to the NegaVision Fandubs lol
 
Dec 7, 2012
218
0
0
#98
Oh God Negavision. Voice acting was awful, the Dic music was unnecessary and the sound quality was horrible. Even if you have some problem with hearing people speaking in another language and having to *gasp* read I don't know how that isn't preferable to something that is so low-quality.
 
Feb 10, 2005
974
0
0
33
New York
www.missdream.org
#99
You can go right next to Elly's pathetic scantilation project which she should have cut off the instant that she knew the re-release was happening. She didn't. I lost any respect I had for her. I don't care if she's a mod here, that's how I feel.
It's spelled "scanlation". Or perhaps this is an intentional error, a mash-up of two words that describe my titillating scanlations?
 

PokemonBWDub

Lumen Cinererum
Apr 15, 2011
368
56
65
One thing about Fighter4Luv's fandub that I don't like is how lazy they are with the transformation and attack lines. Seriously though, they just reuse the lines and don't re-voice them in every episode, while Toei, DiC and CWi all managed to use different voicings every time.