Sailor Moon Crystal in Italy

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 6, 2006
3,080
508
665
30
NJ
#1
Crystal premiered in Italy today on Rai Gulp. They're using a different cast from the original dub, and are sticking to the original names. Sailor Moon's speech is the same from the original, and they even dubbed Moon Pride.
 

lord Martiya

Luna Crescens
Dec 11, 2015
1,302
153
165
33
#3
Umino said:
Crystal premiered in Italy today on Rai Gulp. They're using a different cast from the original dub,
Considering most of the old cast has since retired, and those who haven't work usually work for Milan-based dubbing studios and for animation Rai favors Rome-based ones, it's perfectly normal.
Umino said:
and are sticking to the original names. Sailor Moon's speech is the same from the original, and they even dubbed Moon Pride.
Again, both using the original names and dubbing Moon Pride rather than having a new opening is normal for series aired by Rai.
Then again, the speech from the old dub is a classic...

And I'm going to watch it soon. Not sure how I missed it...
Rika-Chicchi said:
Umino said:
and they even dubbed Moon Pride.
Cool, :cool: & the song sounds good in Italian, even tho I don't speak the language.
It's good. Still, I'm a bit partial to Mediaset approach, that give them new openings (and made one per season for the old anime: first, R, S, Super S, and Stars). Then again, considering the horror Mediaset did with Lupin last year, it could have been for the better.
 
Nov 22, 2016
786
537
665
#5
The transmission finally concluded, and Rai Gulp announced on their FB page that they are repeating all the 26 episodes of SMC series one before premiering the third arc. Before the series even premiered on Italy, the dubbing team was already working on the Infinity arc.
 

lord Martiya

Luna Crescens
Dec 11, 2015
1,302
153
165
33
#7
Personally, I hope the Infinity season won't have the obnoxious translation of everything (including the attack names) and they'll have dialogues without using always the adjectives for everything (maybe they do it in Japanese, I don't know, but in Italian once you've said the Phantom Silver Crystal once you usually stick only to the actual name, in this case Silver Crystal).
 
Nov 22, 2016
786
537
665
#8
lord Martiya said:
Personally, I hope the Infinity season won't have the obnoxious translation of everything (including the attack names) and they'll have dialogues without using always the adjectives for everything (maybe they do it in Japanese, I don't know, but in Italian once you've said the Phantom Silver Crystal once you usually stick only to the actual name, in this case Silver Crystal).
Agree with you about the Silver Crystal, I feel that applies to a lot of languages.
But I think Naoko's engrish really doesn't need to make a presence on foreign Sailor Moon versions, and SailorMoonWorld already revealed the dub is also translating the attacks for this season. They are using for "Mercury Aqua Mirage" the same translation featured on the italian dub of "Ami's First Love".
 

cuau_cg

Luna Nova
Jan 10, 2010
168
19
15
34
#11
Umino said:
Any reason why they didn't dub the ending song?
I was wondering the same, maybe they don't air the ending but it will be in the DVD.

Also I want to know if next season is going to have 3 different singers for the opening? Maybe same singer with the 3 different arrengements? Or just 1 opening for the whole season.
Also 3 dubbed endings too?
 
Jan 16, 2017
237
4
0
Italy
#12
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening. About the ending I don't know, it was shown so it is weird that they did not dub it.
 

lord Martiya

Luna Crescens
Dec 11, 2015
1,302
153
165
33
#13
SignorinaTsukino said:
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening. About the ending I don't know, it was shown so it is weird that they did not dub it.
Rai usually dubs the openings, so I think they'll do it anyway. What I hope is that they do Eternal Eternity...

Then again, we already have an Italian cover.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUlB9S_UEog[/youtube]
 
Nov 22, 2016
786
537
665
#18
SignorinaTsukino said:
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening.
Believe me, the people who make these localization decisions usually don't care about die-hard fans opinions. They approved the dubbed song, and are likely going to approve another for season 3.
Rai insisted on the translated attack names even though there were a lot of complaints from fans aware of the choice, before the series premiered.
 
Nov 22, 2016
786
537
665
#19
SignorinaTsukino said:
I wonder if Rai Gulp will change Crystal's time slots for Season 3. Nothing was censored but there is that scene at the end of act 28...
I think they should move to another channel for this season... The portuguese didn't, and look at what happened. :(
 
Jan 16, 2017
237
4
0
Italy
#20
It could move to Rai4 but I don't think that the ratings would be successful as they were on Rai Gulp... Also Rai 4 is not interested in anime anymore after the flop of Fairy Tail