Seiya, Taiki, Yaten/Starlights - male or female?

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gender of the Galaxy Defenders?

  • Male

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Female

    Votes: 24 66.7%
  • what are u talking about they're trannies

    Votes: 5 13.9%

  • Total voters
    36
#3
Re: Seiya, Taiki, Yaten - male or female?

You are referring to Seiya, Taiki and Yaten, so males in the anime, and I'd even go so far as to say, to an extent, in the manga.
I have an exam tomorrow, but when I get home afterwards, I'll talk a little about each case. :o
 

AkSaber

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 14, 2009
68
0
0
34
Alaska
#4
Whoa, wait a minute. I always thought they were females who disguised themselves as males.

But you mean to tell me that it's the other way around? :eeklez:
 

Tat

Lapis Lunaris
Jun 27, 2009
427
0
0
#6
Re: Seiya, Taiki, Yaten - male or female?

Nike-chan said:
You are referring to Seiya, Taiki and Yaten, so males in the anime, and I'd even go so far as to say, to an extent, in the manga.
I guess canon doesn't matter anymore :roll:
 

Maetch

Luna Nova
Mar 31, 2010
1,523
11
0
#8
Manga Starlights - Cross-dressers (always female, just in disguise)
Anime Starlights - Ranma-wannabes (flip-flops between male and female)

Gotta go with the manga version.
 
#9
Maetch said:
Manga Starlights - Cross-dressers (always female, just in disguise)
Anime Starlights - Ranma-wannabes (flip-flops between male and female)

Gotta go with the manga version.
^ This is the answer. I haven't met the Starlights in the manga, but I can't deny the fact that they switch genders in the anime. I prefer to think of the Starlights as females (all the time) who cross-dress.

Naoko-hime says they are women. Only females can be Sailor Senshi. Sailor Phages don't count.
 
Jan 12, 2008
1,324
0
0
30
Kentucky, USA
#11
Both XD

Seiya, Taiki, and Yaten are males but transform into women...I like to prefer them as males anyway...Seiya is gorgeous! :love: __ :love: And if Usagi ended up with him she could have had the best of both worlds haha! :lol:
 
#12
MagicUsergirl said:
And if Usagi ended up with him she could have had the best of both worlds haha! :rantipole:
YES! I love this. Maybe the Three Lights are the next step in human sexual evolution? (yeah, I know they are aliens)

:usagi: Sometimes I feel like a [bleep], sometimes I don't.

There are already sea creatures who can change their sex at will, based on the availability of potential mates.
 
#13
sunfire_kisses said:
MagicUsergirl said:
And if Usagi ended up with him she could have had the best of both worlds haha! :rantipole:
YES! I love this. Maybe the Three Lights are the next step in human sexual evolution? (yeah, I know they are aliens)

:usagi: Sometimes I feel like a [bleep], sometimes I don't.

There are already sea creatures who can change their sex at will, based on the availability of potential mates.
Sometimes I think Chibiusa would've been less annoying if Seiya was her father.
 

Neo King Rose

Usagi's Rose
Staff member
Site Admin
Sep 13, 2008
20,805
486
165
34
in my aesthetic
#14
Usapon said:
sunfire_kisses said:
YES! I love this. Maybe the Three Lights are the next step in human sexual evolution? (yeah, I know they are aliens)

:usagi: Sometimes I feel like a [bleep], sometimes I don't.

There are already sea creatures who can change their sex at will, based on the availability of potential mates.
Sometimes I think Chibiusa would've been less annoying if Seiya was her father.
ditto
 
#15
Prince Rose said:
Usapon said:
Sometimes I think Chibiusa would've been less annoying if Seiya was her father.
ditto
*smiles* Guys, you're forgetting that it's Usagi Senior that makes Usagi Junior the way she is.
 
A

Anonymous

#17
Sailor Cybertronian said:
Yeah I thought it was that they disguised themselves as men, because they thought that would attract their Princess to them or something like that.
I read it partly had something to do with Princess Kakyuu smelling like cloves and that males have a better sense of smell than females do.

Which I've seen in action before. One time my Mom bit into a piece of celery in some soup and as soon as she did my Dad was like, "Hey, what smell's like celery?" I was sitting just a close as he was and I didn't smell a thing.
 

Onuzim Ima

Luna Crescens
Aug 11, 2010
1,308
227
165
44
Germany
#18
Guest said:
I read it partly had something to do with Princess Kakyuu smelling like cloves and that males have a better sense of smell than females do.
Which I've seen in action before. One time my Mom bit into a piece of celery in some soup and as soon as she did my Dad was like, "Hey, what smell's like celery?" I was sitting just a close as he was and I didn't smell a thing.
May be you just had a flu and couldn't smell because of that?
 

Katface

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 19, 2010
102
0
0
30
#19
They are female.

Let's examine.

Starlights:
Anime: sex = female, gender = female
Manga: sex = female, gender = female

Three Lights:
Anime: sex = male, gender = male
Manga: sex = female, gender = male

They're women. Even when they are in the bodies of men, they are women. They have the mind and spirit of women, and although they don't identify as women in civilian forms (out of their own protection), their true forms are female and that is what I prefer.
 
Sep 19, 2010
354
0
0
30
Crystal Tokyo
#20
They're women, period. There's nothing to discuss really. I don't care what they dress up as for their convenience. :|

Darn it. I accidentally voted for men. :|
Tat said:
Nike-chan said:
You are referring to Seiya, Taiki and Yaten, so males in the anime, and I'd even go so far as to say, to an extent, in the manga.
I guess canon doesn't matter anymore :roll:
Ikr? :loltext: