Viz replies to the video quality complaints in the SM set!

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SailorWelshy

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
3,242
4
0
30
Ami Mizuno said:
Than can there be a balance? Sure your mad but you also give the information they need but just trash the DVD and Blue ray instead if saying what's wrong with it.
Why would I want to trash the DVD? I love it.

I'm just saying whether we're calm or angry, it's not going to accomplish much either way. (This is what I think. Don't treat as fact.)
 

SailorWelshy

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
3,242
4
0
30
Ami Mizuno said:
Because many are angry at the quality of the DVD and Blue-Ray and say it's garbage .
So?

Just because they say its trash doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I love the DVD, and it's the first Sailor Moon DVD I've ever had. So I'm not going to let go of it.
 

Ami Mizuno

Lapis Lunaris
Apr 15, 2007
1,097
1
0
26
New York, New York
SailorWelshy said:
Ami Mizuno said:
Because many are angry at the quality of the DVD and Blue-Ray and say it's garbage .
So?

Just because they say its trash doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I love the DVD, and it's the first Sailor Moon DVD I've ever had. So I'm not going to let go of it.

I agree , it's just that I can't help but wonder could we get a better quality Sailor Moon to be honest I don't even notice the mistakes so at least thy aren't that bad. I mean I can't see the problems. I just to be honest to see if someone what response. I mean I hope Viz doesn't get low sells but seeing how the second set is pre ordering well let's hope that it continues
 

SailorWelshy

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
3,242
4
0
30
Ami Mizuno said:
it's just that I can't help but wonder could we get a better quality Sailor Moon
We'll just have to wait and see.

Ami Mizuno said:
I just to be honest to see if someone what response
I can hardly see them either, so you're not alone.

Ami Mizuno said:
I mean I hope Viz doesn't get low sells but seeing how the second set is pre ordering well let's hope that it continues
Here's a quote I want you to remember.

"Remember: the only person who's allowed to be hateful, is the person speaking.
Everyone else has to be nice."
 

SailorWelshy

Lapis Lunaris
Jul 21, 2014
3,242
4
0
30
Ami Mizuno said:
So in other words there are a few bad eggs but the rest are doing for they enjoy it.
Well I wouldn't say bad eggs. Because they do have legitimate concerns.

The point is, while the criticisms are loud, a majority of people are still buying the DVD's (Well at least that's what Amazon is telling me.)
 
Apr 15, 2011
367
56
65
SailorEdward said:
Fire said:
All the talk about having to take print screens over and over again to see the mistakes or having to time it just right... To me it just proves that if you're simply watching the show on your living room couch, enjoying the actual SHOW, you won't even see these things. I don't know many people who watch their anime frame by frame, with their finger permanently fixed on the pause button :lol:
Or, maybe it's something that in some scenes is literally happening all the time, and is constantly noticeable:



Instead of sitting back and pretending like I won't notice how bad the picture quality is if I just lose myself in the show, I've been working to get the subs synced up with the Italian DVDs. It's going great so far:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/101582

Very easy once you know the routine (the process is the same if you need the English dub as well). I want to watch this show uncut and English friendly, but I'm not going to settle for Viz's table scraps when I can achieve more than they ever did with my home computer!
I'd love to see this too if you're willing to share.
 

SailorEdward

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 5, 2014
39
0
0
Seen said:
Wait, are you going the synch the Viz dub to it as well? Either way, I can't wait to see the results.
Not intentionally, as I have no use for it, but the way I sync the sub results in the dub being synced as well, so I've included it.

PokemonBWDub said:
I'd love to see this too if you're willing to share.
It takes too long for me to upload the files since I refuse to compress them, so I won't be sharing everything. I've PMed you both links to the first two episodes so you can see what you think, and if you want to buy the Italian sets (they're very cheap at the moment from Amazon.es) I'll happily send you details on how to do this yourself if you don't know how (though you'll need to be very competent with a PC).

Let me know what you think. You'll notice in episode 2 that the opening preview comes BEFORE the opening credits, unlike on the Viz sets. The Italian sets have it the right way round, and it wasn't hard to just swap the audio and sub tracks to match. It's extra work but I'm glad this turned out to be the case because going from one preview straight to another like on the Viz sets is very annoying (and as I understand it, totally incorrect)!
 

Seen

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 28, 2010
655
1
0
26
CHECK THE MAP
SailorEdward said:
Let me know what you think. You'll notice in episode 2 that the opening preview comes BEFORE the opening credits, unlike on the Viz sets. The Italian sets have it the right way round, and it wasn't hard to just swap the audio and sub tracks to match. It's extra work but I'm glad this turned out to be the case because going from one preview straight to another like on the Viz sets is very annoying (and as I understand it, totally incorrect)!

I thought they were really great! Hopefully a group like SMC will be able to do this kind of job in the near future. I'd love to be able to burn it onto DVDs, so I could have "real" copies of the show for watching.
 
Oct 7, 2003
611
0
0
102
Seen said:
I thought they were really great! Hopefully a group like SMC will be able to do this kind of job in the near future. I'd love to be able to burn it onto DVDs, so I could have "real" copies of the show for watching.
I think SMC plans to do this eventually, but they are very low on staff and I believe Kakeru is in college right now which takes up most of his time. Hopefully sooner than later though! He's a super cool guy and I hope his finals go/have gone well this semester.
 
Apr 15, 2011
367
56
65
Not too off-topic, but on a Pokémon forum, a thread was discussing how "bad", and I say "bad" because for the most part the quality for Viz Media's Pokémon DVDs is pretty good, the quality on the DVDs supposedly was. But this one user had this to say:

...back in May, I was able to attend Anime Central, an anime convention held near Chicago. Viz had a booth in the exhibitor area, and I stopped by, spoke briefly with the representative running the booth, and filled out a survey on the tablets they had there. For the record, my concerns were more around getting the franchise's media more widely available (particularly digitally), and while the representative obviously couldn't confirm or promise anything, I do feel like he was really listening to what I had to say, and it makes sense-given the probable demographics of convention attendees, I'm willing to bet they got some legitimately useful data that they took back with them. Just one example, but there are probably others.
Sadly I had to break it to him about Viz Media doesn't care what it's consumers think, they only care about overall sales, and Sailor Moon's case is a perfect example of that, especially with the ANNCast.
 
Sep 9, 2011
3,391
213
165
26
Richmond, VA, United States
They're probably bitching about Viz not doing Blu-rays for the HD content. If a show is only partially available in HD, I highly doubt the HD episodes will see Blu, since I can't see any anime company doing a partial Blu-ray release. Also, I don't think Japan has Pokemon Blu-rays either. Not that reverse importation would be a problem since all Pokemon releases are dub-only.
 

WeirdRaptor

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 18, 2011
908
6
0
35
Land of Lincoln, U.S. of A!
Sailor Moon doesn't really need HD, anywa. Of course, that is beside the point. Wow, I knew Toei was run by diseased primates, but this is just ridiculous.