Viz's Redub Voice Cast Speculation/Dream Cast?

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apr 20, 2012
2,233
122
165
27
Texas
skelenator-rainbow.tumblr.com
#41
FatherOuranos said:
I was refering to a leaked clip where Usagi was talking to Ami about the Shrine where they were looking for Rei.
Oh, where's this clip? :ohmy: The leaked clips I've heard have only had Usagi doing the pre-episode stuff, talking to her mom, and random girls talking about a new fortune telling shop with a bit of Jaedite and Queen Beryl at the end.
 
#42
1dbad said:
FatherOuranos said:
I was refering to a leaked clip where Usagi was talking to Ami about the Shrine where they were looking for Rei.
Oh, where's this clip? :ohmy: The leaked clips I've heard have only had Usagi doing the pre-episode stuff, talking to her mom, and random girls talking about a new fortune telling shop with a bit of Jaedite and Queen Beryl at the end.
I think you know the clip. I didnt say I heard Amy's voice. I was talking about how Usagi sounded when she was talking to Ami about the Shrine. I dont know what Ami sounds like but I can make a pretty educated guess. If its her Shippuden Sakura voice, I guess I could see it as a pass.
 

SnowWolf

Luna Crescens
May 17, 2012
1,099
171
165
#43
FatherOuranos said:
1dbad said:
FatherOuranos said:
I was refering to a leaked clip where Usagi was talking to Ami about the Shrine where they were looking for Rei.
Oh, where's this clip? :ohmy: The leaked clips I've heard have only had Usagi doing the pre-episode stuff, talking to her mom, and random girls talking about a new fortune telling shop with a bit of Jaedite and Queen Beryl at the end.
I think you know the clip. I didnt say I heard Amy's voice. I was talking about how Usagi sounded when she was talking to Ami about the Shrine. I dont know what Ami sounds like but I can make a pretty educated guess. If its her Shippuden Sakura voice, I guess I could see it as a pass.
I haven't a clue which clip you mean. I don't remember Usagi ever talking about a shrine. Can you give us a link please?
 

UsaRose

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 21, 2013
203
0
0
27
My Brain
#44
I wonder who Viz will cast as Chibiusa? It'd be super cool if they picked an actual child to play her. I know this'll NEVER come true, but I can easily picture Claire Corlett (Sweetie Belle from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) voicing her. She'd be absolutely PERFECT!!
 
#45
SnowWolf said:
I haven't a clue which clip you mean. I don't remember Usagi ever talking about a shrine. Can you give us a link please?
It was a snippet shown at one of the reveal cons, the scene is Usagi talking to Ami where they are either hiding or just standing before the enterance in that flying bus episode - the scene right before they accuse Rei of the abductions. I should have linked it when I first saw it.
 
Apr 20, 2012
2,233
122
165
27
Texas
skelenator-rainbow.tumblr.com
#46
FatherOuranos said:
SnowWolf said:
I haven't a clue which clip you mean. I don't remember Usagi ever talking about a shrine. Can you give us a link please?
It was a snippet shown at one of the reveal cons, the scene is Usagi talking to Ami where they are either hiding or just standing before the enterance in that flying bus episode - the scene right before they accuse Rei of the abductions. I should have linked it when I first saw it.
Hmm, the only Ami clip I've heard (that isn't on Hulu) was this one, of her and Usagi's first meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWwIa5L ... be&t=3m13s

It came out a good few days after your comment though. And they haven't showed Rei's debut episode at any cons either...
 
Mar 17, 2013
317
93
65
#47
Thought I'd bump this even though we're in the beginning of R I already got some ideas of who viz should hire fir S to olay the outers (bar Pluto who's already been cast)

What do you guys think of Kari Walgrhen playing Haruka and Mela Lee playing Hotaru? I think funi actor Leah Clark or Megan Hollingshead would be a good michiru what do you guys think?
 

NJ_

Aurorae Lunares
Oct 31, 2009
7,668
1,329
1,665
34
Wallington, NJ
#48
animenerd99 said:
What do you guys think of Kari Walgrhen playing Haruka and Mela Lee playing Hotaru? I think funi actor Leah Clark or Megan striessman would be a good michiru what do you guys think?
Kari is a SAG (union) actress so like Steve Blum, not happening.

Wouldn't mind Mela Lee but I don't think she has been in any dubs outside of Bang Zoom (not counting BlazBlue which had it's first 2 games dubbed there) and the same goes for Leah Clark at FUNimation.

As for Karen Strassman, she's possible but I'm not sure about her as Michiru.
 
Mar 17, 2013
317
93
65
#50
I'm not sure about the SAG thing and I know Leah hasn't done no outside dub out of FUNimation but in my head I picture her playing michiru she has the nice mature flirty tone that would be perfect for her character. And if not mela lee Christina Cabanos would make a good hotaru. Haruka would be hard to cast but i think Kari would be a good fit
 
Mar 17, 2013
317
93
65
#52
PurpleWarrior13 said:
Mela Lee was Hiyori in Bleach for Studiopolis before being replaced with Laura Bailey.

I could really see Wendee Lee being a pretty good Michiru, same with Megan Hollingshead.
Megan Hollingshead! That's who I meant to post for some reason I thought her and KarenStrassman were the same person for a second lol. But Karen would make a good haruka using her soi fon voice.
 
Apr 20, 2012
2,233
122
165
27
Texas
skelenator-rainbow.tumblr.com
#53
I also think Tara Platt would be a really great Michiru, but I would prefer someone new like Megan Hollingshead or Wendee Lee.

Kari Walgrhen has been my new choice for Haruka, since Laura is unlikely. But if she's not possible either, I could see Wendee Lee working. I wonder how our new Petz, Jessica Gee, would be? I don't quite hear Haruka from the roles I've heard of her, but she has played a few different deep female voiced roles before...
 

Mercurius

Luna Crescens
Jul 6, 2006
963
117
165
38
Maquoketa, IA
#54
While we're on the speculation of the S dub, I thought I throw a name in the box for the S villains:

Michael Sorich as Professor Tomoe

Carrie Keranen or Debi Mae West as Kaolinite
Christine Marie Cabanos as Eudial
Sarah Williams or Karen Strassman as Mimete
Lara Post as Tellu
Cassandra Lee Morris as Viluy
Lara Bailey as Cyprine and Ptilol

And... I know it's a longshot, but...

Melissa Fahn as Hotaru Tomoe/Mistress 9/Sailor Saturn
 
Sep 9, 2011
3,395
223
165
26
Richmond, VA, United States
#56
I can't see Wendee Lee for Haruka. Her smooth, mature, angelic voice would be much more fitting for Michiru. I could see Carrie Keranen, Erin Fitzgerald, Dorothy Fahn, or Colleen O'Shaughnessy as Haruka, and Tara Platt as either Haruka or Michiru. Karen Strassman would be a good Michiru.

Danielle Judovits would make a good Hotaru, and so would Laura Bailey, Mela Lee, and Eden Riegel.

Speaking of Eden Riegel, it would be neat if they cast her as Haruka since she won an Emmy playing iconic lesbian Bianca on All My Children. That's some pretty big stunt casting though, and Riegel actually has more of a high soft and cutesy voice.
 
Apr 20, 2012
2,233
122
165
27
Texas
skelenator-rainbow.tumblr.com
#57
I have heard tougher (and I believe deeper) voices from Wendee, but it's not like she was my number one pick anyway lol. Some good choices there, and I especially love the thought of Erin Fitzgerald or Dorothy Fahn having a bigger role like a Guardian. Granted she's not already used for some other major voice in S, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn might be another possibility.

Melissa Fahn is still my ideal voice for Saturn, but Eden Riegal is someone I've been thinking of for Saturn too. I wonder how she'd be as Mistress 9?
 
Mar 17, 2013
317
93
65
#58
Erin is also a great choice for haruka, and I've heard wendee do deep tough voices before her haruki voice maybe a pitch or two deeper would be the type of voice I see her using unless viz does like the Japanese and cast Jessica gee (petz) as haruka which would nit be a bad choice imo.

I picture Laura bailey as Eudial

Kyle Herbert as Dr. Tomoe